Option menu strangeness

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 23:38:36 EST 2005

Very strange. I also just ran into a very weird (and different) oddity
using combo buttons. Suddenly a combo button I've been using on a
stack stopped working. I was operating with a mouseup handler in it.
When it stopped working I checked the message watcher and sure enough,
no mouseup message was being sent. Everything else looked fine
(mousedown was sent, for example).

Here's where it gets really weird. If I copied the button to another
stack, mouseup was sent. Since the button's handler gets first crack,
I can't figure out how its mouseup message was getting hijacked. I'm
not using any frontscripts.

I resolved it by using the more traditional menupick message handler,
but I have no idea why a) a previously working button would change its
operation and b) why the mouseup message in particular suddenly
stopped being sent.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein