altBrowser Print

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Mar 18 21:27:30 EST 2005

I've just found a workaround for printing with a dialog box in
altBrowser for Windows, and I felt like sharing it.  I know that this
works on WinXP Home SP2 with IE 6.  I don't know about older versions,
but anyone else who has it should be able to test it.

on doPrint
   set cursor to watch
   set the hideConsoleWindows to true
   if "NT" is in the systemVersion then set the shellCommand to
"cmd.exe" else set the shellCommand to "command.exe"
   get shell("rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshtml.dll,PrintHTML" &&
quote & theURLtoPrint & quote)
end doPrint

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software