URL question

Varen Swaab veggio at mac.com
Fri Mar 18 14:37:51 EST 2005

Hi

I'm trying to load a file from a server by constructing an url which
has a variable as part of the string. When I remove the variable code
and use just a straight url everything works fine, the file on the
server is found and loaded:

get url "http://www.domain.com/view/xml/name/5"    <<< this works!!

However, when I try to insert a variable into the url string the file
still loads from the server but the variable was not correctly passed
onto the server--- resulting in the wrong page being sent back.

global user
put "5" into user
get url "http://www.domain.com/view/xml/name/&user&"  <<< this doesn't
work

Klaus' suggestion didn't work either:

get url("http://www.domain.com/view/xml/name/" & user)  <<< this
doesn't work either

I'm confident other parts of this, such as the server, etc are setup
properly because if I simply put a "5" in the url I get the correct
response.

I hope this is enough information.

Var