RunRev crashes when you experiment with database queries

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Mar 18 14:22:07 EST 2005

This sounds pretty complicated when the simple SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()
should work just by itself (and does if you run it from any other program).

I think I'm going to go with:

SELECT id FROM tripulatnes ORDER BY id DESC limit 1

That was suggested by mfstuart (thanks for that different approach) as it
looks fairly easy to implement. I sure wish that SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()
would work.

By the way, I've learned to use "YourSQL" to test out my SQL statements
first as testing them in Rev is no fun at all (too many crashes).

I think I will experiment with your lock table thing as it sounds
interesting, thanks for that suggestion too (I need all the help I can get).

Bill

On 3/18/05 12:46 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <revlist at cableone.net> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I'm no MySQL expert, but I have some code that accomplishes this and it
> seems to work just fine.  From what I'm seeing in the code I have, it's
> necessary to issue a "Lock Table [my table] Write" command, then insert your
> record, and then call Last_Insert_ID.  After that you have to use Unlock
> Tables.
>
> HTH,
> Chris Sheffield