Timed Execution of a Script (second time lucky?)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 18 11:31:01 EST 2005

On 3/18/05 7:56 AM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> I'm playing with Revolution as a CGI engine with the scripts in stacks.
>  I'm wondering if there's a way to have Revolution executive a script at
> specified intervals, for example, every Tuesday night at ten o'clock.

Rev CGIs start up and run when they are called, then execute, and then
shut down. They don't stay running in between requests, so there would
be no way for the CGI to check the time unless it happened to be running
already for some other reason.

I have a couple of CGIs that do things on a timed basis, and the way to
implement this is to set up a cron job on the server that calls the CGI
periodically. In your case, you would only need to set the cron job to
execute once a week on Thursdays at 10 PM.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com