How to remove the ugly focus border?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Mar 18 00:48:53 EST 2005

Hi scripters,

I keep trying but I keep seeing this ugly focus border on buttons in windows
(non-XP) but it happens on XP without the xp styled buttons too.

It's an UGLY dotted rectangle showing a few pixels inside the button between
the text and the shadow border of the button. I tried all the options (hide
focus border) and cant get rid of the thing...

I found that removing the TraversalOn hides it but I still need that feature
for keyboard control navigation... Another weird error is that the revdocs
say "[Traversalon] control[s] whether the user can tab or click into a
control." However if I remove the traversal on, I can still click a button!

The revdocs say
If the lookAndFeel is set to "Windows 95", the showFocusBorder property has
no effect. Isn't this an occasion to use it?

Any ideas? Have I been Bugzillaed again? The focus border is not Ink aware
either. It would be nice to remove the NT 4 clunky looking window interface
design from my stacks once and for all ;)

cheers
Xavier