Buttons,Fields & Columns

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Mar 17 18:27:00 EST 2005

>   I am
> currently trying to:
>
> 1.  Use PrimaryOptionButton with the lettters, A,B,C,
>

> 2.  A SecondaryOptionButton -set multiple choice categories.
>
> 3.  A TaskField for entering a task or action.
>

> 3.  Combine the PrimaryOptionButton and the SecondaryOptionButton and
> the
> TaskField into a Multicolumn field which can be sort by
> A,B,C,
> Multiple Choice
> Task/Action

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, but I'll
have a go.
#1 is a group a radio buttons so that only one of A, B or C can be
chosen, we'll call the group "Primary"
#2 is a menu button of some sort, they all act similarly though they
look different - again only one of the available options can be chosen,
we'll call this menu button "Secondary"
#3 is an editable field that we will call "Task"

Make a list field called "List" and a button called "Add".
Script the Add button as follows:

on mouseUp
   put the hilitedButtonName of group "Primary" into tPrimary
   put the selectedText of button "Secondary" into tSecondary
   put field "Task" into tTask
   put tPrimary & tab & tSecondary & tab & tTask & cr after field "List"
end mouseUp

To sort by any of these columns, use this:

on sortBy pColumnNumber
   set the itemDelimiter to tab
   sort lines of field "List" by item pColumnNumber of each
end sortBy

Hope this helps, if I have misunderstood your objectives, or something
is not clear, please ask again.
Sarah