RevCopyFile (and hello)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 17 12:34:09 EST 2005

Hello Chris,

> Hello folks -
>
> Firstly, I'd better say "hello".

welcome to the show!

> I've been subscribed to this list for quite a long time but never
> really posted to it, but that's about to change!
> Over the last few months I've been getting into Rev after a lifetime
> with SC.

So have many of us :-)

> So although I'm reasonably experienced at scripting with xTalk
> (though: experienced<>proficient!)
> I am quite a newbie when it comes to Rev.  So be gentle with me.
>
> My first question:  Is there an alternative way to copy a local file
> other than with RevCopyFile ?

Yes :-)

> RevCopyFile seems to lock up my machine for about 30 seconds even when
> copying a very small file.

Ouch! If i remember right it uses Applescript on the mac...
Anyway, i should not take that long!

> Is there something I can do with URL/binfile commands?
> I can copy a file from the internet ok (using libURLDownloadToFile),
> but can this approach be extended to local files?
>
> I'd appreciate any words of wisdom!

If the files are not too big, read if they may fit into memory, you can:
put url("binfile:MyHD/Myfolder/slickimage.psd") into
url("binfile:MyHD/anotherfolder/copy of slickimage.psd")

On OS X you could also use "shell" and "cp", don't have the correct
syxntax at hand...

> Chris
>
> p.s.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for calling up the card script ?

Good question, sorry no idea...

I can recommend my nice and free "2lz2" palette (get it from my website
-> X-Talk)
there have it with just one click...

Regards

Klaus Major