RevCopyFile (and hello)

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:17:01 EST 2005

Hello folks -

Firstly, I'd better say "hello".  I've been subscribed to this list for
quite a long time but never really posted to it, but that's about to
change!  Over the last few months I've been getting into Rev after a
lifetime with SC.  So although I'm reasonably experienced at scripting
with xTalk (though: experienced<>proficient!) I am quite a newbie when
it comes to Rev.  So be gentle with me.

My first question:  Is there an alternative way to copy a local file
other than with RevCopyFile ?   RevCopyFile seems to lock up my machine
for about 30 seconds even when copying a very small file.  Is there
something I can do with URL/binfile commands?  I can copy a file from
the internet ok (using libURLDownloadToFile), but can this approach be
extended to local files?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom!

Chris

p.s.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for calling up the card script ?