Getting a *standalone* to read & write to/from text file?

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:18:50 EST 2005

So-- when I'm asking for the filename of this stack to be put into
MyPathWay I can'd depend upon an absolute pathway- because of OS
differences? Would using a relative pathway instead be wiser? If so
how would I write that?

would this do the job?

  if there is a file "TJsettings,txt" then
	put URL ("file:TJsettings.txt") into TheSettings
   else
     put "1. CURRENT SETTINGS as of " & the long date &  " - " & the
long time & return & fld "generic" into URL ("file:TJsettings.txt")
     put URL ("file:TJsettings.txt") into TheSettings
   end if

I'm going to try this now.