More Printing Questions

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Wed Mar 16 14:04:11 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

Sorry - it was probably my beginners grasp of Transcript coming into play in
describing formatForPrinting as a command.  I was setting it to false prior
to my updates to the field I was using for printing, and then setting it to
true again afterwards - just prior to sending the stuff off to the printer.
I'm sure that I was doing something silly - I was just surprised that it had
such horrible effects running it in the IDE (or even in a Windows
standalone).  I'd have preferred to see an error generated in the IDE rather
than Revolution letting me corrupt my stack.

i.e.

set the formatForPrinting of stack "Stock Portfolio" to false

... Set up field

set the formatForPrinting of stack "Stock Portfolio" to true

Print...

Karen