Trial software and registering

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Mar 16 08:11:33 EST 2005

Hi Karen,

You could get the date when your app is started the first time, write
it to a file and display a registering dialogue 30 days later.
Personally I prefer a "crippleware" scheme (disable certain
functionality like save) over a time based registration scheme but
that´s a matter of personal preference I think. ;-)

Concerning a password generator you might want to take a look at this
stack. There are many other ways to do it, but the stack should help
getting you started.

http://www.derbrill.de/revstack/passwort.rev.zip

Scripts are commented.
When it comes to building your app make sure you password protect the
stack (otherwise people can read through the code if the stack is
opened in a text editor)
.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. :-)

Cheers,

Malte