More Printing Questions

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 15 16:07:21 EST 2005

Hi,

i've just finished to make the printing of a field working on Windows...
quite a lot of struggles too :-(

Anyway, you could find below the script. What is interesting is the lasts
parameters of the revPrintText ( found in the Doc ). In the second line, i've
put in comments what was really coorupting my stack... they talk about it in the print
doc too, but i didn't understand very well, but without it works.

the  fields  "TemplateBody" and "TemplateHF" are used respectively to manage the
style  of  the field to print and the Header and Footer.
The textstyle can then be changed with the Property inspector.

I have no idea if this is the best way to print the content of a field :-)

the  tests was made with Rev2.1 and the trial version of Rev2.5.1
on a Win98 and W2k.

Otherwise,  during  development  time, i needed to restart Revolution whenever my
code was not printing properly !!!

Hope this help,
Regards, thierry

  case "Print report"
    -- NEVER ! set the formatForPrinting of this stack to true
    set the printMargins to 25,20,10,10
    revShowPrintDialog true, true
    revPrintText the Text of field "BioArchimedScript" of cd "Script" , \
        "<%the long date%>" &tab&tab& the cProject of this stack &cr, \
        "BioArchimed Version 2.1" &tab&tab& "<%PageNumber%>/<%NumPages%>", \
        the long name of field "TemplateBody" of cd "Script", \
        the long name of field "TemplateHF" of cd "Script", \
        the long name of field "TemplateHF" of cd "Script"
    break