More Printing Questions

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Tue Mar 15 09:12:57 EST 2005

Hi,

Thanks to Cubist's help I've got printing working (on the Mac anyway - I've
still to test it in Windows).  I can print quite happily with formatted text
using revPrintField:

set the formatForPrinting of stack "Stock Portfolio" to false

set the htmlText of field "PrintLayout" to the htmlText of field "List
Stocks"
set the tabStops of field "PrintLayout" to 160,220,290
set the textFont of field "PrintLayout" to "Courier New"
set the textSize of field "PrintLayout" to 10
set the printmargins to 36,72,36,72

set the formatForPrinting of stack "Stock Portfolio" to true

revShowPrintDialog false,true
revPrintField the name of field "PrintLayout"

This generates nice tab justified text in the "Courier New" font.

However, I like some of the header and footer features of revPrintText.  I
tried:

revPrintText (the htmlText of field "PrintLayout"),"Stock Portfolio - <%the
internet date%>","Page <%pageNumber%> of <%numPages%>"

instead of revPrintField, but the text doesn't use the font that I specified
in textFont.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of
revPrintText?  The documentation says that you can print formatted text
through revPrintText...

Thanks,

Karen