true newbie

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Mar 15 06:53:51 EST 2005

Sarah wrote:

>>3. Would someone like to help tutor me?
>
>We all will. That's what the list is for and there are some
>amazingly knowledgeable people who can explain things very clearly.
>Ask your questions and someone here will always know answer.

I think John has a righ idea asking someone to be his personal tutor.
As helpful this list is, the answers can be overwhelming for a
totally new person: having to sort through different advices and
variations thereof can be daunting for someone without enough
background to sort and sieve all input properly. A personal tutor can
guide him through initial learning and advise when to ask the list
and help interpreting responses. I know from experience that being
such a tutor often comes down to just giving a nudge in the right
direction, telling what to read next or what and how to try, or how
to approach something.

Robert