OT: Severe Mac Mini problem

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 14 11:50:44 EST 2005

Terry,

The specs on your Mini state that it can handle the projector and as
such i would try the reset PRAM approach and see if you can reset the
projector as well (via the projector's menu system).

P.S. Are you using Digital or Analog (VGA)? Have you tried S-Video just
to see if it works? You are probably using Analog (VGA) and if so there
are splitters etc. out there but in my opinion they require even more
memory BUT the mini looks like it can support that too.....

Tom

Graphics support
*	ATI Radeon 9200 graphics processor with AGP 4X support
*	32MB of dedicated Double Data Rate (DDR) video memory

Video
*	DVI video output for digital resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 pixels;
supports 20-inch Apple Cinema display and 23-inch Apple Cinema HD
display; supports coherent digital displays up to 154MHz; supports
non-coherent digital displays up to 135MHz
*	VGA video output (using included adapter) to support analog
resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 pixels
*	S-video and composite video output to connect directly to a TV or
projector (requires Apple DVI to Video Adapter, sold separately)

On Mar 14, 2005, at 12:39 AM, Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) wrote:

> I tried an AppleScript that ran on startup to change the screen
> settings automatically. The script worked with my test monitor; not
> with the LCD projector. Others suggested to boot the Mac Mini without
> monitor and then connect the LCD projector. No result. I also heard
> that hitting F7 might help. Nothing. Also booting with another
> monitor, switching to 1024x768 and then connecting the LCD projector
> didn't work.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.