2.5.1 and HTTPS or SSL (was The Best just got Better)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Mar 13 18:40:32 EST 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 10:31 PM, Jim Ault wrote:

> On Mac OSX this is a shell command and works with do cmd as
> applescript.
> However... Rev (put line 1 of URL "https://someServerOutThere.com/"
> into
> temp) does not work.
> -->error cannot load SSL library<-- rev 2.5.1 (OSX 10.3.7)

Tuviah once mentioned in a bugzilla note that Revolution is linked to
"openssl 0.9 which is what we need to compile against on OSX to be
compatible with 10.2".  Perhaps your system does not have 0.9.

> The docs seem to say the OSX has the openssl as part of Panther, but I
> cannot do a simple find and locate it.  Obviously I do not have it.

I guess some things are hidden from finder.

I tried these from the Terminal on my 10.3.8 system:

      ls /usr/lib
      ls /usr/bin

I found these:

      libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
      libcrypto.0.9.dylib
      libcrypto.dylib

      libssl.0.9.7.dylib
      libssl.0.9.dylib
      libssl.dylib

      openssl

You should check to see what you have and then include this in a bug
report.

Once you get this resolved, then you need to set the sslCertificates
property with a path to root certificates.  Folks on this list or Rev
support if you qualify should be able to help you with that.

Dar