use-revolution Digest, Vol 18, Issue 49

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 14:52:08 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/13/05 8:47:58 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

>Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:13:31 -0500
>From: Kevin J <kj2005.28 at gmail.com>
>Subject: Saveing and entire card?
>To: rev <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Say you have 5 text fields on one card is it possible to have them all
>save to one file that the user names?
   Eminently so. The basic idea is that you collect up all five fields into
one variable, and you save that variable to disc. Here's a very simple handler
which needs to be told where you want to save the variable to:

on SaveAllFiveTo MyTextFile
  put fld "first bit of text" into Fred
  put return & return & fld "second bit of text" after Fred
  put return & return & fld "third bit of text" after Fred
  put return & return & fld "fourth bit of text" after Fred
  put return & return & fld "fifth bit of text" after Fred

  open file MyTextFile
  write Fred to file MyTextFile
  close file MyTextFile
end SaveAllFiveTo

   This is strictly off the top of my head, but it should serve to
demonstrate the basic principle. Hope this helps...