using Rev for web searches?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 12 14:53:55 EST 2005

Stephen Barncard wrote:
 >> "I'd like to be able to search the web for the smallest page that
 >> includes all of a given set of words. Does anybody know of a way
 >> to do this?"
 >>
 > This is an interesting question, but there's one that has to be
 > answered before you can even attempt to ask this question:  Is
 > there a complete index of every type of document available on
 > the web?
 >
 > Now if being 100% accurate doesn't matter, then sure.  Do a search
 > for all of the words.  Take the results and go through them one
 > by one and compare the sizes.  You should have the answer then,
 > and all of it can easily be done with a script.
 > There's a book out there about how to 'hack' and use google searches
 > from your applications with the new API. "101" Google hacks or
 > something like that.
 >
 > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/googlehks/

It may be worth offering a gentle reminder here to always follow the
guidelines Google provides for using their API:
<http://www.google.com/apis/>

It's in the interest of all Rev developers that search tools, bots, and
anything else that carries the "Revolution" USER-AGENT tag be seen a
good citizen.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation