Can I write "empty" to a text file?

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Mar 11 11:47:16 EST 2005

I've got my Rev stack writing data to an external file each time it is used.

Some times the data is 20 lines long some times it is only 10.

I've just realized that IF it had 20 lines previously and this time
it only write 10-- lines 11 to 20 from the previous time are STILL in
the file! This is a problem.

What's the solution?
Delete the file prior to opening (recreating) it again?
Is there an option to put or write empty into a file?

Thx,