Minor htmlText bug

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 11:27:00 EST 2005

On Wednesday, March 9, 2005, at 06:07 AM, Thomas McCarthy wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed,  9 Mar 2005 03:00:26 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Thomas McCarthy" <tominjapan at excite.com>
> Subject: Minor htmlText bug
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

> I've noticed a minor bug with saving the htmltext property of a field.
> I'm using macrons (long marks over vowels--unicode characters) with
> some text. I copy some text from a word processing program and then
> paste the rtftext from the clipboard to a field. I then save the
> htmltext of the field as a custom property to access later.
>
> The problem is this. I notice that the first few letters got all mixed
> up (up to the first macron?)
>
> I tracked the problem down to this:
> The beginging of the htmlText should look like this:
> BUT it was this:
>
> pasting the mising  'face="Arial"', fixed the problem. Anyone else
> experience this? I'm going to be doing a lot of text this way and
> would rather not have to fix it everytime.
>
> thanks
> tm

The trick I use is to make sure that the font face attribute that I
want will be included is to paste the rtftext from the clipboard to a
field that does not have the same font type as the result I would like
included in the  font face attribute. Try picking a really minimally
used font type for your  clipboard to a field procedure if you want to
get most of the font face attributes included.

hth,

Mark