Card cloning strangeness in 2.5.1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 10 17:08:08 EST 2005

Jerry Balzano wrote:
> I just unwrapped 2.5.1, started a stack, made a card, and then, in order
> to try a variation on the card design, I issued a familiar command in
> the message box:
>
>     clone this card
>
> ...and nothing happened!  Not believing my eyes, I opened a new stack,
> tried it again, same result.
>
> Went to 2.5, tried the move, it worked.  Relaunched 2.5.1, tried it
> again, no go.
>
> Does this behavior replicate with others?  (I'm using a Mac, OS 10.3.7)

Confirmed yesterday.  Thus far it's the only bug marked as "fixed" that
I've seen in v2.5.1.

I've cc'd Kevin and Mark W here to encourage consideration of a v2.5.1.1
to address this.  Given Mark W's excellent work refining clone behaviors
for this release I'm confident it's just a misplaced "if" statement or
something else that minor which shouldn't take long to address.

I couldn't find a Bugzilla report for this so I just filed one:
<http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase/post_bug.cgi>

I'm sure it'll be addressed quickly.

--
  Richard Gaskin