OSX Menu Mystery

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 10 07:34:12 EST 2005

Hi Graham and all,

> I just noticed something else odd: if I don't include an 'Edit' menu
> (this app doesn't encourage people to use the clipboard, but all that
> is about to change...) then I get **two** Help menus - the one I put
> in myself, and another one supplied by the IDE. Even in the preview.
> Odd. So the convention must be you gotta have an Edit menu. I will
> comply.

unfortunately this way it is not possible to have an (OS X) app with NO
menus
BUT an "About"-box and/or "Preferences"...

What's worse, if you do not supply a menu at all, you end with an
non-functional but
NOT dimmed "About" menu in the "application menu", which looks very
"amateurish"
to me (and others probably)!

> FWID
>
> Graham

> Graham Samuel / The Living Fossil Co. / UK and France

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de