Learning Revolution

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Mar 8 17:14:40 EST 2005

Hi Karen,

> The biggest problem that I find is knowing what to look for in the
> online
> references.  For example, I tend to think of the commands in
> "REALbasic"
> terms, so to split a string I would be thinking of "Left", "Right",
> "Mid"
> and "InStr" commands.
If you use those commands a lot, you're going to LOVE Revolution's
string handling abilities :-)

> I'm still trying to figure out things such as alternate coloured lines
> in a
> list
That's a tricky one, but there was a example posted a while ago. I
worked out a variation on it, which I will post in a separate email for
better searchability.

> The best advert for Revolution at the moment is the user list - I've
> never
> met such a helpful and friendly group of people so willing to answer
> questions.  But, to me, Revolution badly needs a good tutorial
> (something
> along the lines of the one offered for REALbasic would be a good
> start) that
> goes a little further into the details than the video tutorials -
> helpful as
> they are.  It could also do with help on using the development
> environment
> (I've probably missed this and will be embarrassed when it is pointed
> out!).
I used RealBasic several years ago, but not lately. What does their
tutorial do? Maybe we could put a similar thing together for Rev.

Cheers,
Sarah