System sleep

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Mar 8 12:54:22 EST 2005

Hi Mark,

> Does anyone know of a way to put the entire system to sleep from
> within Rev?
>  Applescript would be just fine for the Mac side.

This one works for OS X:

  put "tell application" & QUOTE & "System Events" & QUOTE & CR &
"sleep" & CR & "end tell" into asc
  do asc as applescript

Sorry, do not use OS 8/9 anymore (for more than 2 years now...)

> Extra cool if you know how to make this happen on Windows and Linux.

Sorry, i am not extra cool, no idea about Windows* or Linux...
Maybe you can find something at Ken's website "Tips and tricks"?

* I am sure that will be a pain in the ass, if possible at all :-D

> Mark Talluto
> --
> CANELA Software
> http://www.canelasoftware.com