Export snapshot

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 21:58:34 EST 2005

On 3/7/05 3:25 PM, "Sarah Reichelt" <sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:

>>> I was hoping there was a way to do it without user intervention. What
>>> I'm
>>> putting together is an app that will pick up email orders from my Miva
>>> Merchant store, generate a mailing label, pick up the actual pdf
>>> files to be
>>> printed and send that all on to my fulfillment center where they will
>>> produce and ship the item to the customer. They would like everything
>>> in pdf
>>> format.
> Could you AppleScript Preview to create the pdf?
>
> Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Great job on the POP library, by the way! I've never touched Applescript.
Basically I'm dumping a name and address into a field in a substack and
exporting it with the snapshot feature, so as you know it can be in any
graphic format that Rev handles. My fulfillment center has asked for a pdf,
though. So maybe a simple Applescript could convert it using Preview (or
Photoshop)?

Marty Knapp

BTW I just came home and checked my little app. I placed a couple of fake
orders-- it picked up the orders on schedule, attached the pdf and my
mailing label and sent it back to myself-- worked great!