[noob again]static text

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Mar 7 12:21:19 EST 2005

Mikey-

Monday, March 7, 2005, 8:42:50 AM, you wrote:

M> The "objection" I have is to paying for access to basic reference
M> material.  I'm not asking for printed manuals.  I'm not aware of any
M> products that have printed docs included any more.  However, they have
M> electronic docs included.  This weekend I went through the web site

The printed docs are just what you get in the IDE under documentation,
so obviously the online docs will be more current. In there, under
"How do I display text on a card?" I see what I believe is the answer
to your original question:

"To create a field that is pre-set to display static text, choose
Object menu>New Control>Label Field. Then use the Contents pane in the
fie (sic) property inspector to edit the text."

The runrev IDE has a finite learning curve. Granted, the docs need
better searching tools (long-standing topic of complaining here in the
list), but griping that there's no documentation isn't a substitute
for taking the time to learn how to use the tools available. Runrev
*isn't* HyperCard, and those of us with HC backgrounds have some
unlearning to do (backgrounds and such) in order to fit into the new
environment.

M>On the good news side of the coin, it didn't hurt that on a Sunday I
M>was able to crank out a question on this latest issue and get a quick
M>series of replies.  The activity level on this list is somewhat
M>encouraging.

Ain't this list great? I've certainly learned a lot here.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net