cursed

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:43:43 EST 2005

I have recently been plagued by a number of disturbing problems in Revolution. Suddenly, I have been getting all sorts of weird errors. I have been "cursed." This started spontaneously this morning, and isn't stopping. These are some of the problems:

The Error box pops up at random times, but it is completely empty, just an empty box that says "RevErrorDisplay". Not even any old errors. Since my stack doesn't use any send messages or pending messages, this shouldn't happen.

Changing tools in the tool box doesn't work. You sometimes have to click a lot of times just to get from Browse to Select tool. Also, in the Objects menu all of the items are grayed out. Why?????

When closing Revolution, you have to close each of the windows. I mean, once you click the main close box it should close everything, right? But I have to individually close everything. The toolbox stays on the screen and doesn't disappear, I've had to use alt-F4 to close it.

The weirdest part is that when you open up the message box, all the time you see this message in the lower part. "Got here." No script of mine does this, and it is there before you even open a stack.

For now I will try replacing all of the component files and see if that fixes it. If anyone knows what is going on please help me. A Revolution virus?

-Ben