Identifying the caller

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 6 16:34:20 EST 2005

Folks, I really should know this by now, but when a handler is called,
can its script identify its caller and if so how? I guess there is some
context description available but I don't know how to find it in the
docs. And while we're at it, what if the invocation of the handler is
the result of a "send", e.g.

send "mouseUp" to myMouseUpHandler

Can I tell from within the handler that it wasn't a true mouse click
that invoked it, and if so how?

Obviously the engine does know this information - it's just a question
of if and how it's made available to the developer.

TIA for any info

Graham