templateField Broken?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Mar 5 17:37:15 EST 2005

Doh.

But in fact, templateField does NOT work as far as I can tell. I typed
it correctly in Rev, just transposed it in the email.

Here's what I see:

1. create a new mainstack.
2. in msg, type "set the margins of the fieldTemplate to 10"
3. In msg, type "put the margins of the templateField"
4. Value returned is in fact 10
5. Create a new field by dragging from the tool palette
6. examine its margins. The value is 8
7. In msg, type again "put the margins of the templateField"
8. Value returned is now 8.

Now, at step 5, create the field in a script with "create field." Check
its margins. They are set to 10. But if you then create a new field by
dragging from the palette, the margins reset to 8 and that same value
becomes the value the margins in the templateField.

Broken, no?