Doc Error in Print Into?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 5 01:13:50 EST 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> It's late and my old eyes don't work as well as they once did, but it
> seems to me the docs on the print command incorrectly describe the four
> items of the comma-delimited list of numbers defining the rectangle on
> the page into which to print. The docs say the numbers are, in order,
> top, left, bottom, and right. But I've poked at this for quite a while
> tonight and it seems to me the order is actually left, top, right, bottom.
>
> Can anyone confirm? Or do I chalk this up as yet another senior moment
> for me?

May be a holdover from days gone by.  Once upon a time what you report
was the order of those rect elements, but since that was the only rect
in the language that didn't follow the convention of l,t,r,b Raney
changed it to be more consistent with the rest of the language.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation