Own fontsuite with standalone ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Mar 4 15:29:56 EST 2005

On 3/4/05 1:52 PM, "Judy Perry" <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> So, you *can* embed fonts in  Flash or Director?
>
> I ask this stupid queestion because I had asked it of my Director-using MS
> program and its guru told me the answer was "no"...

Sorry for the guru, but the answer is "Yes"... it embeds the font outlines
inside the standalone. Both let you pick what set of font outlines to store
(uppercase, lowercase, numerals, punctuation, etc) to help reduce file size.

Of course in both cases you actually have to *do* something (in Flash, you
need to select a text field, click the 'Character' button and choose what
you want to embed; in Director you choose from the menu Insert > Media
Element > Font).

Just FYI,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software