Midi Comunications

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Mar 4 12:08:40 EST 2005

Anyone here got any ideas about whether it's possible to communicate
with external midi devices from Revolution? I have in mind to try
making an editor app. for some of my older and more obscure midi
synths, so real-time playback and such like is not an issue, but the
basic communication stuff.

I had a programme years ago,made by opcode r.i.p., that allowed you to
send and receive strings of hexadecimal numbers to and from synths, so
something along those lines would be a start.

Thanks for any ideas,

Mark