Resume Next?

N nnoydb at excite.com
Fri Mar 4 09:05:21 EST 2005

Okay this is a really strange question.  I have several statements all of which could possibly "throw" a 'RR' exception.  However, I would like to evaluate the error and if it was "expected" continue processing at the next statement.  This would be simular to the On Error Resume Next and On Error Resume is Visual Basic 6.x.  I am fully aware of try catch construct I just do not wish to wrap a try catch block around every individual method invovation.

Example expected behavior:

function doIt aParameter

  try
    something a, b, c
  catch e
    if e Is not "123" then throw e
  end try

 try
    something2 a, b, c
  catch e
    if e Is not "1234" then throw e
  end try

end function

Prefered Behavior:

function doIt a

  try
    something 1, 2 ,3 , 4
    something1 a, b,c
  catch e
    if e is not "123" and e is not "1234" then throw e
    resume next
  end try

End function

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)