2 little questions

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 3 19:21:22 EST 2005

On 3/3/05 5:24 PM, "Wouter" <wouter.abraham at scarlet.be> wrote:

> On 03 Mar 2005, at 22:01, Ken Ray wrote:
>
> What I meant was:  commandkey is the applekey on mac, equivalent on
> windows is the windows key or startkey?

Well, I guess it depends on keyboards. Both of my keyboards are Logitech
wireless keyboards that have three keys to the left of the space bar,
labelled:

  Ctrl
  Start/Alt/Option
  Alt/(apple symbol)/(cloverleaf symbol)

Yes, I know, the two "alts" not withstanding, these generate the following
keys (note that in Windows they are generated automatically; in Mac the raw
keycodes for the modifier keys aren't generated until you type another key
and you get the raw keyCode for *that* key instead):

Windows
----------
  Ctrl --> (65507) / controlKey is 'down'
  Start/Alt/Option --> (65388) / no modifier keys are down
  Alt/(apple symbol)/(cloverleaf symbol) --> (65513) / optionKey is 'down'

Mac
----
  Ctrl --> controlKey is 'down'
  Start/Alt/Option --> optionKey is 'down'
  Alt/(apple symbol)/(cloverleaf symbol) --> commandKey is 'down'

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/