2 little questions

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 3 16:01:52 EST 2005

On 3/3/05 3:44 AM, "Wouter" <wouter.abraham at scarlet.be> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Two little questions:
>
> 1. in the transcript dictionary is stated:
>     - on unix and windows systems, the commandkey function returns the
> same value as the controlkey function.
> This can be verified in VPC.
> But which is the value returned by the equivalent of the commandkey on
> the mac in windows?

If you're talking about the key that is marked as the commandKey on a Mac
keyboard, this is actually the "alt" or "option" key in Windows, and returns
that the optionKey is down.

> 2. noticing a difference in behavior of buttons between platforms (one
> more :-):
>    - a button with the traversalon set to true (default condition) will
> take the focus out of a field when activated by mouse in windows, but
> not so on mac.
> Which is correct behavior and which is preferable?

Well, it depends on what you want to do. Personally, I only remove the
traversalOn for buttons that need to act on the text of a selectedField (for
example if I had a button for "bold" that would embolden the selected text).

My 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/