OT: Show and Select in Finder

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Mar 2 09:49:06 EST 2005

I do a lot of processing of long lists of files through Revolution
interfaces, I'm continually amazed at the ease with which Revolution
allows me to deal with data in 1000's of files on disk with such
efficiency and speed,  (mostly web files) and hack up tools on the spot
as needed - nothing else can compare </end_kudos_>

OK, new need. I have a file listing like this brought in from an
Interarchy link checking process.

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/info/advanced_search.html
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/basics/tenq/index.htm
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/multi-media/

(list continues for 3000 plus lines)

One can transform these to paths to the production server on the lan

/Volumes/WWW/LIve_Sites/www.himalayanacademy.com/info/
advanced_search.html

and boot them into BBEdit using the launch command... But there are
times when one wants a

"Show in Finder" command that will switch apps to the finder, and open
the window-folder containing the file and select it... I believe this
would be an Apple script thing... before I go digging, does anyone
already have such a recipe?

Thanks
Sivakatirswami