ANN: PlCard library and a smaple "Pyramid" game

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Mar 1 18:01:24 EST 2005

>  I think that when you open the library stack, RR is sending an
> "openstack" - the library stack has no such handler but because it is
> now a proper sub-stack, the application's "opencard" handler is in the
> path, so it is being run instead.  ?!
>
> Is that what would happen ?
> If so - what's the standard technique to deal with it ?   An empty
> "openstack" handler ?
>  And should there, therefore, also be empty "preopenstack",
> "opencard", etc. handlers in any library stack, least it become a
> sub-stack and subsequent;y cause a problem like this ?

I have a standard set of dummy handlers that I routinely paste into
each substack's stack script to avoid this problem: preOpenStack,
openStack, closeStack and the same for the card messages.

Also, if possible I put initialization handlers like this in the card
scripts rather than the stack scripts. This works fine for single card
stacks, but not if there are multiple cards.

Cheers,
Sarah