Graphic as buttons and format advice?

yoy yoy at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 02:40:31 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com>
To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: Graphic as buttons and format advice?

> Only..
> PNG gamma varies from Mac to PC, but JPG does not. So, if you have to
> match images and colors from one platform to the next, then JPG is a
> much better solution. Just use it with little to no compression.
>
> -Chipp

Chipp,

I wondered about png's cross-platformability. Something is bound to be lost
in the translation. If I could create two 2.0 versions with the .png and
.jpg and throw them up onto both boxes for examination, I'd give that a try,
but so many graphics are involved that it could be a PITA for a "one man
band."

Not only is a polished interface mandatory, but the scripts need a major
code bumming. Again, "a one man band" PITA.

BTW, I watched your websites videos. Well done, maestro!

It's been awhile, but if anybody is interested, my baby is available at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat/omnilotto.html

I'd make the.rev available, but that wouldn't make learning an experience.

I'll put up an updated interface for public consumption and review in a
couple days.

All the best,

Andy Burns
"What can possibly go wrong... go wrong... go wrong..."
-AB