Transcript arithmetic

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 30 15:58:51 EDT 2005

Thanks, Ken- you're right, of course. Transcript seems not to penalise
sloppiness, so it's easy not to notice that one has left out parentheses.

Wouldn't it be better if the IDE tightened up on this sort of thing? It's
worrying that code can work in the IDE but quietly fail in a standalone.

> I should emphasise that it's a standalone problem - it fails when compiled
> for Mac OS 9 as well as Windows. Are there known issues like this with the
> syntax of Transcript when compiled into a standalone? If so, I'd appreciate
> a pointer.

Did you try putting parentheses around relevant items in the equation? It
may be an "order of operations" issue...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com