How do I make simple multiple user access app?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Jun 30 21:47:25 EDT 2005

Keith;
Are you sure the resources aren't already available at the ISP the
office already uses for its web site (assuming it has one)?

Your wife's fears notwithstanding, MySQL is offered with other web
goodies at a very reasonable price at many ISPs, such as Dreamhost
(less than $10/month with tons of goodies and space, including
MySQL.) and others. You can have as many users as you need at once,
many databases and a lot of diskspace and it's fast. This solves the
problem of installing a server - you don't have to - and it's secure
- Dreamhost MySQL servers only work outside the ISP (beyond
localhost) with designated IPs you specify. All the machines need to
be is to be connected and running your app.

I too had considered a text based database - I originally wanted to
avoid the 'complexity' of dealing with SQL - it looked scary but
Sarah's basic Rev SQL stacks made it all clear and Trevor Devore's
new libraries turned my MySQL database into a perfect 'data box'.