resume rev backdrop on top bug?

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 19:35:59 EDT 2005

Hi Sivakatirswami,

Same here. Has been like that since 2.5... is still the case in 2.6. I don't use
the backdrop much (for this reason), but any time I use it, that's exactly the
behaviour you describe (need to use the window menu as all stacks are *behind*
the backdrop after when going back and forth from another application.

Marielle

OSX:

I've been testing mp4 compressions with a rev stack to view multiple
movies on the same interface... setting the backdrop to black... to
ease distraction.... with QT Pro running on the side... OK so if I
activate QT Pro  my movie appears on top of the black back drop in
the QT player window... my top stack is also still there... visible.

Now, if QT is the active app (or any other app.. mail.app... bbedit..
whatever) and I click down on the backdrop, *all* windows
disappear.... if I click on QT or mail.app in the dock, the promptly
present their windows again as expected.  But... if I click on
Revolution only the menus and palette stacks appear and the top stack
is still invisible unless I go to the window menu. And what is even
stranger... if the QT window is visible and the active app, and my
top stack is visible also, when I move the mouse to click down on the
top stack, it disappears!

This I believe has been happening for some time and I'm only now
getting the recipe... I would like to use the backdrop more in apps
that are distributed publicly, but this behavior would be a serious
UI problem.

Or, perhaps I'm missing something?

Sivakatirswami