Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor AND Endless ranting and rude insults AND other points

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 30 20:08:02 EDT 2005

Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> On Jul 01 2005, at 01:29, Dennis Brown wrote:
>
>> I would be MORE than happy to segregate my posts into the two
>> different categories.
>> There is a lot of traffic on this list, it would make sense to divide
>> up the traffic into these two areas.
>

> There is an Improve Rev list, but only rich people are allowed to
> participate there (aka Enterprise owners). That is RunRev's decision,
> not mine of course...

I'm far from rich, just an early adopter from a time when $995 was the
only price offered for getting on this bandwagon.  Since it paid for
itself in the first quarter afterward, I've never regretted the
purchase.  Most of my clients are from the era as well and they've never
questioned the value of that purchase, though none of them own vacation
homes on exotic New Zealand beaches (well, one does, but he lives there).

I believe the philosophy of limiting the improve-rev list to Enterprise
users is pretty much what's been expressed by other list members here:
there's a wide gulf between productive exchange that results in specific
recommendations, and simple whingeing.  The presumption is that
professionals whose livelihood is dependent on the product will
demonstrate a stronger focus on productive outcomes.

Reading the posts here it seems no one would particularly mind
recommendations for product improvement delivered here with productive
professionalism.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation