Runrev bug, or I have made an error ?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 09:09:45 EDT 2005

Hi Damien

First, try to not name anything with a number, especially stacks, but
also variables.
Second: Its not good to modify the variable you use in a "repeat for
each" loop (in this case "TheList")
Third: If you want to add one line to a variable it is faster to say
"add one to x" then "put x + 1 into x"
I suggest you try this script instead:

   put fontnames() into TheList
   sort TheList

   repeat for each line x in TheList
     put tab & x & return after theResult
   end repeat
   put char 1 to -1 of theResult into theResult --to delete the last
return

greetings
Björnke

On Jun 30 2005, at 14:53, Damien Girard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using runrev 2.6 under linux, and I have a strange bug.
>
> I need to get a list of font, and put a tab before each line of the
> fontlist
> (is it for a font menu).
>
> This is my script :
>
>   put fontnames() into TheList
>   sort TheList
>
>   put "0" into LineToDo
>   repeat for each line 1 in TheList
>     put LineToDo +1 into LineToDo
>     put tab before line LineToDo of TheList
>   end repeat
>
> And the problem is in the result :
>
> -------- The Result
>
> 	andale sans
> 	andy mt
> 	bell mt
> 	bitstream charter
> 	bitstream vera sans
> 	bitstream vera sans mono
> 	bitstream vera serif
> 	century schoolbook l
> 	charter
> 	clean
> 	courier
> 	courier 10 pitch
> 	cumberland amt
> 	fixed
> 	helvetica
> 	lucida
> 	lucidabright
> 	lucidatypewriter
> 	luxi mono
> 	luxi sans
> 	luxi serif
> 	monotype sorts
> 	new century schoolbook
> 	nimbus mono l
> 	nimbus roman no9 l
> 	nimbus sans l
> 	segoe
> 	suse sans
> 	suse sans mono
> 	suse serif
> 	tahoma
> 	terminal
> 	thorndale amt
> 	times
> 	urw bookman l
> 	urw chancery l
> 	urw gothic l
> urw palladio l
> utopia
>
> -------- /The Result
>
> The problem, is that all font have got a tab before it, but not 2 last
> line :
> urw palladio l
> utopia
>
> For me, I didn't see any bug in the script, but this seem to doesn't
> work...
>
> Thanks.

http://contest.wecode.org
Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!
sponsors:
Altuit
Andre Garzia
Fourth World