called stack does not come to top in standalone

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Wed Jun 29 17:38:54 EDT 2005

Hi Emilio,

Emilio Gagliardi wrote:
> Greetings runrev gurus    It seems I'm finding lots of little  *nuances*
> lately and I appreciate your patience with my emails.
>
> I've been using the following code to open a stack from within a
> another stack:
> go to stack /substack as topLevel
>
> and the code has worked as expected in development.  Namely, the  parent
> "window" is open and visible and when I click a button that  calls the
> above code, a second window opens on top of the parent,  which contains
> the substack.

<snip>

> Can anyone point me in the direction of how to force a stack to the  top
> or why in standalone this is happening?

Can you hide the main stack while the substack is on screen?
That might be a workaround, although not a nice one.

> In a related vein, I tried setting the style of the substack to modal
> (go to stack /substack as modal), thinking it was ideal for forcing  the
> user to complete the task on screen b4 moving on. However, when i  did
> that, my dynamically generated buttons didn't appear!  This goes  back
> to a previous problem I addressed in these forums which I solved  by
> copying a hidden button and then pasting it.  For some reason,
> copy&paste does not seem to work in modal mode.

You can dyamically create buttons in a modal stack, if the
script that creates these buttons is located in the modal stack
or is called from the modal stack.

Best regards,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.