TAO-O

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 17:05:13 EDT 2005

Xavier,

I am investigating your ideas... is the taoo also related to the tao:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO.html
"A decade of intense R&D on these topics has yielded ACE, which is an
object-oriented framework that implements many core patterns for concurrent
communication software. We have applied the patterns and components in the ACE
framework to develop The ACE ORB (TAO), which is our standards-based, CORBA
middleware framework that allows clients to invoke operations on distributed
objects without concern for object location, programming language, OS platform,
communication protocols and interconnects, and hardware. TAO is designed using
the best software practices and patterns that we have discovered in our work on
ACE in order to automate the delivery of high-performance and real-time QoS to
distributed applications."

Okay, I am interested in all that and I believe that RR is ideal for this kind
of project.

But from your cms, the poor psychologist I am couldn't really understand  how
the TAOO should be used and how users should contribute (and what). Is there a
strategic plan somewhere? Is there a page linking to all documents about the
taoo?

My view on this is that if you spend a bit of time developing a sound
infrastructure in which others can contribute (rather than be ready to do it
all by yourself), you will get your project taking off a lot more rapidly.

About Xanadu... do you have any idea on how to implement it with mc or
rr(practically)

Marielle