Endless ranting and rude insults

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 29 00:53:49 EDT 2005

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> I for one am getting very annoyed at the constant ranting and raving
> lately and especially the snide and rude remarks. I try to assume since
> there are many non-english speaking people or ones with whom english is
> not their first language on the list that sometimes it might just sound
> rude but not really be rude because of the language translations. But
> there are a couple of people that have been just plain rude. Insulting
> "the whole list" and accusations that 'real programmers would never work
> this way" or " I am used to decent tools" etc.
> Now maybe I am just having a bad day and maybe not, but I think some of
> this is going too far.

Yeah, written like a typical person who doesn't program in Assembler.

;)

Thanks for the reminder of basic manners.  A lot of people from a wide
range of programming backgrounds have learned Rev easily with the help
of the folks here.  But pissing in someone's Wheaties rarely engenders
warm fuzzy feelings of helpfulness.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm due at a cocktail party where I'm looking
forward to spend the evening insulting the hostess and bitching about
the hors d'oeuvres....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal