Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jun 28 19:06:50 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:

> OK, so, here is how I would like code to be formatted (not that I
> expect it to change, just FYI).
>   <snip>
> if [statement] then
>   [statements]
>   end if  -- note I always line my ENDs up with the internal statements
>
> There is a reason for this: if I want to clip the final line out, I
> can just do a <shift><down arrow> and not have to back up to get rid
> of the "EN" that was accidentally included.  This is one of the
> annoyances with the current script editor, something that does not
> happen with the Delphi editor.

But you still have that problem with the statement before the "else"
(and before the end of repeat, switch, case, end of handler, ...);
Operating on the whole current line, is common, so I'd like a command to
either select whole current line, or to select from <current pos> to the
end of the whitespace on the next line.