ANN Daily Crytoquote--my misspelling

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jun 28 11:11:28 EDT 2005

>Message: 7
>Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:49:35 -0700
>From: Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
>Subject: Re: ANN Daily Crytoquote--my misspelling
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Marielle-
>
>Thursday, June 23, 2005, 3:08:45 AM, you wrote:
>
>ML> If you use the url below, you will directly get to see the list
>of words which
>ML> have a frequency of 10 or more.
>

>http://lexicall.org/repository/results.php?mtd_file=data%2F2_words%2Fenglish%2Fdb_mrc.mtd&flds%5B1%5D=WORD&minvals%5B5%5D=10&submit=Submit
>
>ML> Make you enter it as a continuous line in your browser, the 500
>words limit has
>ML> been removed and will remain so for a week, so you will see the
>full list on
>ML> your screen. Be patient - 10262 words.
>
>Yes, but a lot of duplicates. If you filter out the dupes you end up
>with 5066 words.
>
>on RemoveDuplicates pWordList
>   local tFileName
>   local tWordList
>   local aWords
>
>   repeat for each line tLine in pWordList
>     put "x" into aWords[tLine]
>   end repeat
>
>   put the keys of aWords into tWordList
>   sort tWordList
>   return tWordList
>end RemoveDuplicates
>
>--
>-Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Mark,

Marielle word list turned out  to be just what I needed. All the
right words and no more. Reminds me of Einstein's exhortation: "Make
things as simple as possible, but not simpler."

I used to  following to get rid of the duplicates.

On RemoveDuplicates
put field "theDictionary" into tList
put "" into tPrevious
repeat for each line tLine in tList
   if tLine <> tPrevious then put tLine & cr after results
   put tLine into tPrevious
end repeat
put results into field "duplicatesEliminatedDictionary"
end RemoveDuplicates

Your's is probably faster and I have yet to absorb RR's more powerful
implementation of arrays--I'm stuck back in FORTRAN.

Jim