images

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jun 28 10:58:03 EDT 2005

>Message: 14
>Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:22:11 -0400
>From: Jon <jbondy at sover.net>
>Subject: Re: images
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Jim:
>
>Thanks so much for the handler, but 1) it would not compile as written,
>and 2) after I managed to get it to compile (probably by butchering it),
>it did nothing useful.  I tried words like "image" and "icon" and only
>managed to get a number written into a file.
>
>If you had the time, I would appreciate it if you could make the code
>work.  After an hour or so of fiddling, I know I can't.  Sigh.

Jon,

Below I have copied and pasted the script I use for exporting images.
It compiles and it has the advantage of putting the  file where I
want it--as opposed to putting everything in the RR application file:

on mouseUP
   ask  "What image to save?"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theImageToSave
   ask file "Give it what file name?"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into fileName
   if it is not empty then
     put "binFile:"&fileName into theLongFileName
   else
     exit mouseUp
   end if
   put image theImageToSave into url theLongFileName
end mouseUP

Be sure you respond exactly to the request for the image name.

>All I'm trying to do is to move Scott's shiny numbered balls [sic] into
>the current set of code I'm running for the Nine Ball stack.  Should be
>simple, right?

Reminds me of a Prof. of physics who was doing a demonstration to
illustrate the dynamics of shperical opjects. He began: "I have three
balls," which brought a few giggles, but he brought the room down
when he followed with: "And one of them's green."

Jim